LGBT Awareness Training For Trainers
Our LGBT Awareness For Law Enforcement Training For Trainers course is available in a face-to-face or fully online format. The course prepares instructors to design and deliver LGBT awareness training for law enforcement personnel including all of the requirements specified in California Penal Code section 13519.41 (effective January 1, 2019) for peace officers, dispatchers and other law enforcement professionals. This class is certified by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training. California law enforcement personnel can earn 8 hours of CPT credit.
The learning outcomes for this course include:
2. The student will understand how to use learning activities to deliver course content related to LGBT awareness training for law enforcement.
3. The student will identity the documents required to get a course of training certified by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.
Participants will receive a complete training package for the LGBT Awareness For Law Enforcement course that includes an expanded course outline, lesson plans, PowerPoints, learning activities, two training guides, a student workbook and a textbook. It is recommended that participants have some prior instructor development training.
The online format includes all of the same content as the face-to-face class. The course is presented on the Canvas Learning Management System and is accessible from any computer with Internet access. No special software is required. Students in the online course will complete training required under 13519.41PC as well as the training for trainer components. The course requires the passing of a course quiz and submission of an original expanded course outline and learning activity in order to receive a course completion certificate.
What Students Have Said About This Course
- Of all the training courses I have attended this was easily one of the best and most useful courses! I live in the bay area, work in San Francisco, but after taking this course I just learned how much I did not know. This class taught me what should have been taught back in school (elementary school)! I can’t say enough about the personal growth I gained from this course.
- I’m excited to teach the course, better support my co-workers, develop a pro-active work inclusive environment, and better support my communities!
- Simple straightforward approach to instruction. I also liked all of the additional downloadable resources.
- This is an amazing course!
- It was very thorough.
- It was excellent from beginning to end.
- The course was in depth and offers many resources.
- The course did a FANTASTIC job at provide a wealth of facts, information and details about the LGBT Community that will help an instructor to answer questions with confidence, as well as help mediate any in-class conflict.
This course is open to all civilian and sworn members of law enforcement and corrections. The course content is applicable to all agencies in the United States. The cost of the course is $70 and includes all course materials and a hard copy of the textbook. A course certificate will be emailed upon successful completion of the course.
Face To Face Presentations
Our next in-person presentation is scheduled for Monday, August 7, 2023, in partnership with the Napa Valley College Department of Criminal Justice Education and Training. The cost of this class is $100.
This class will be part of a 3-day program that includes the LGBT Community Liaison course (August 8, 2023) and historical walking tour of the San Francisco Castro District (August 9, 2023). The cost of the three-day program is $250.
Register for one, two, or all three classes using the links on our Class Schedule.
We can bring a training for trainers course to your site, organization, or conference. Host a class for your region and share the costs. Fees are dependent on travel time and location, Click here to inquire about how to bring this training to you.