LGBT Liaison Academy Alumni
Out To Protect congratulates the following graduates of the LGBT Law Enforcement Liaison Academy. Each of the names appearing below has successfully completed 24 hours of certified training on how to create and operate an LGBT Law Enforcement Liaison program, LGBT Awareness For Law Enforcement Training For Trainers, and Hate Crimes Investigations.
Class of 2022
Michelle Kotlik – Irving Police Department
These graduates successfully demonstrated the ability to meet the following learning outcomes.
- Students will identify the key tasks and responsibilities of an LGBT Liaison.
- Students will develop communication pathways between the LGBT Liaison and community.
- Students will identify key people and community organizations to create relationships and partnership with as an LGBT Liaison.
- Students will create a community event designed to build trust between law enforcement and the LGBTQ+ community.
- Students will demonstrate how to develop and deliver LGBT awareness training for members of law enforcement.
- Students will demonstrate how to identify a hate crime and the basic investigative steps required to prepare a case for prosecution.
The LGBT Law Enforcement Liaison Academy is the only one of its kind in the United States. It is a hands-on course that include three components each of which is certified by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.